plan4res, co-organises the Third Meeting of the Energy Modelling Platform for Europe (EMP-E) 2019 “Modelling the implementation of a Clean Planet for All Strategy”, hosted on 8 and 9 October 2019 by the European Commission DG Research & Innovation in Brussels.
EMP-E-2019 is organised by the H2020 Energy modelling group, composed of 10 Horizon 2020 projects : plan4res, REflex, SET-Nav, REEEM, MEDEAS, Magnitude, Spine, planet, MAGIC NEXUS, and OpenEntrance)
The Energy Modelling Platform for Europe (EMP-E) is an annual conference, bringing together scientists and policy makers on current and innovative energy modelling issues. Due to the active involvement of EC representatives and leading researchers, the aim is to bridge the gap between modelling and policy making at European, regional and local level. Stakeholders are provided with a peer-reviewed digest of model and policy insights for the transformation of the European energy system.
On the first day, the agenda of the Energy Modelling Platform 2019 meeting includes four plenary sessions on the key themes of:
- Achieving ambitious RES deployment in a multi-coupled European energy system – techno – economical, financial and societal challenges
- The effects of externalisation on decarbonisation
- Pathways and scenarios towards the Paris agreement
- Decarbonisation of cities: Modelling energy transition, sector coupling and cross-sectoral challenges
During the second day of the Conference, 9 focus groups will host discussions on specific topics:
- Energy System Models: Transparency, community-based and citizen participation
- Uncertainty in Energy System Models
- WEF Nexus in energy models: The case of biofuel
- Integrating social practices in energy models
- Barriers and opportunities for modelling the decarbonisation of economy – Policy makers’ and stakeholders’ role
- Tools and data structures that allow sharing of codes and data
- Decarbonisation of cities: Best practices and future expectations
- Linking climate and energy models in scenario analysis
- An open modelling platform for Europe
The detailed programme of the two day conference is available here.
Further information and updates on the event are published on the webpage.